In an effort to stabilize adverse pricing strategies among retailers both online and brick and mortar, Lunsford Racing has established MAP pricing for products that have a retail price greater than $12.00. The overall good health of our retailers is essential to the success of the Lunsford brand while still being able to deliver the highest quality products to you, our customers, that you have come to expect and demand from Lunsford Racing.
What is MAP Pricing? MAP is Minimum Advertised Price. MAP helps to support consistent advertised pricing to all consumers, from all retailers, in any and all media types, including but not limited to:
- Price on retailers’ website including prices shown in web store shopping cart.
- 3rd party internet-based market places and auction sites (Amazon, Overstock, eBay, Yahoo Action, etc.)
- Any type of print ads
- Direct mailers, faxes, e-mail, newsletters, flyers
- Any type of Internet advertising including web banners, price lists, forums and social media.
Policy Violation Examples
- Retailers both online and brick and mortar which advertise products below the Minimum Advertised Price
- Advertisement of a product with a strike-through or line through the price indicating a price lower than MAP (e.g., $49.99)
- Internet auctions with an advertised price below MAP including reserve or “buy now” price
This is a Minimum Advertised Price policy only and does not restrict, coerce or force a retailer to charge a set price for any Lunsford Racing product.
Lunsford Racing reserves the right to modify or suspend this MAP policy in whole or part at its sole discretion.
Only retailers that support and follow this policy will be eligible to purchase Lunsford Racing products. Violators of this MAP policy may be terminated without notice.
MAP policy only applies to USA retailers.